You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make geometric patterns like Adober Illustrators Transform effect

Hi. 

I would like to know if there is anything in Affinity designer like the Adobe Illustrators transform effect?  (See video below) 
I am wanting to make complex geometric patterns.  I know about power duplicate in affinity but it seems like there is far much more control with the transform tool in Illustrator, plus it saves a lot of time.  I have posted an example video below from Adobe Illustrator, this is what I am looking to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCwmEfCsPdw&t=328s

Can any one point me in the right direction? Or are we limited to power duplicate in Affinity designer/photo?

Any ideas/help will be appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Dan.

Power duplicate is probably something you will use. Cmd + J 

1053362327_Kapture2019-09-04at20_59_36.gif.4df61b95fe880e436030054244e32077.gif

https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/ObjectControl/duplicate.html

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi First Defence, thank you for the reply but I don't really feel like it has answered my question.

I am already aware of the power duplicate tool but in Adobe Illustrators transform tool all the parameters can be edited and tuned to achieve far more complex geometric patterns, its very fast and efficient.  For example editing the circle, see the video.  I.e.. number of copies, angles, scaling/moving vertical/horizontal positions.
 Far more complex patterns can be achieved in Illustrator with a lot less effort by using there transform tool, its alot different to the power duplicate in Affinity.  Every parameter can be easily edited to make a wider range of patterns which are not easy to make with power duplicate alone. 

Is there any thing/menu/tool like this in Affinity where I have more control over the duplication or am I just stuck with power duplicate Cmd+J?

I hope my question is a bit clearer this time.

I appreciate your time, thanks again.

At the moment power duplicate has no settings panel, It really should have considering it's a "power" tool but at the moment it's a bit stunted insomuch as it cannot be configured. There is also no offset tool yet, there are workarounds by using stroke expansion but it's clumsy and an offset tool would be a useful feature for Affinity. There is also no blend tool yet, so being able to blend lines like in the video is not possible without a lot of work, there is no warp or envelope feature either.

These feature are probably going to arrive but I have no knowledge of timelines for these things, generally Affinity think out of the box and like to improve features not just replicate them for the sake of addition, still, they can't come too soon in my eyes.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions