Following Workbook guidance on own photo with high contrast element I wish to remove. I am trying to remove the leaves in front of the owl.  Continuous inpainting leaves residual artifacts with blurred result. Am I doing something wrong? Using wrong tool? Some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_0232rr.afphoto

IMG_0232rr.jpg

This is a typical example, where a manual selection and the clone tool works much better, because you can choose a precise copy source. The healing brush can‘t be exact enough. Where from should it know the exact pattern of the owl‘s feathers?

You can do better spending more time on it. The inpainting tool can be confused if there's not enough pattern around to use, or enough regular pattern (and those feathers are confusing, trying to reproduce them logically isn't easy!). In this case it's using the green more often than the feathers.