You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts Mysteriously Disappear From File

So, I show to work today, open up Affinity Designer like normal, open a saved file for a Sign, and all my fonts are mysteriously missing even though they are still on my Mac and have changed nothing. What the heck?!?!!! I'm about on my last leg with AD until they fix their software! Bugs. Crash. Glitch. Crash. More bugs. It was NEVER like this before! Why did my fonts disappear? Any one else have this issue and what to do? Thank you and forgive my frustration, surely you understand. 

Again, I've used this file, opened it many times and used it for printing with no problems, but suddenly just one day out of the blue AD decides to jettison my fonts from the file?! This is unacceptable just like the software is becoming more and more with each "update." 

• Staff

Hi affinity4Christ15,
Assuming you haven't installed any app, updated the Mac or something else that may have overwritten/substituted/corrupted the original font files, if you go to Affinity Preferences, Miscellaneous section and click Reset Fonts does it fix the issue/load the fonts again? Do you mind providing the adfesign document and respective font files used  that are installed on your system) to see if we can reproduce the issue here? I will provide an upload link for you if you don't mind to share them with us.

I have similar problem on PC. Sometimes when I open my file, the fonts aren't available, even they are installed in system (if I want to reinstall them, window that asked me for confirmation of rewriting the existing font in system appears). Sometimes I have active only some fonts from the family. I've watching this behavior several versions of Designer. 

• 4 months later...