You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MacOS 10.14.6 and Affinity Photo 1.7.2 Exports don't show in Finder but appear in Open... window

I can successfully export files to JPG format, but when I look in Finder, the files are not there. If I go to the open menu in Affinity Photo (or any other application) I can see the files.

This also happened when I try to save in Affinity Photo native file format. Not sure if this is MacOS issue or Affinity but have not seen this behavior in other apps.

36487324_ScreenShot2019-09-03at9_29_20PM.thumb.png.191279f8da9445ec6d033a3767cc0cf6.png

• Staff

Hi Adam, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

This is very odd—I can't recall seeing this before. Where are the images saved to? It isn't a cloud folder is it? It doesn't appear to be the case as there's no sync icon but I have to check! Does it even matter which folder they are saved to? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue. I can see the files I've exported if I try to open a file in Affinity, but they don't seem to be in the folder I saved them to when I use finder.

Could anyone shed any light on this? I'm only just starting to use Affinity and just came across this when I saved my first files. (they are stored locally on an external HD).

(EDIT) Out of curiosity I just restarted my Macbook and the files are now visible in Finder

Edited by Judoka

• Staff

I've just been researching this and I've seen reports from people stemming as far back as 2010 who were using other apps. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Affinity other than perhaps the file sizes can be quite large and may take time to appear in Finder.

The workarounds suggested on the forums I was reading were what has already been said here—restart Finder.