You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DPI change in macro forces resample/resize

TOS

Hi all,

the creation of a macro that changes the DPI setting only, leads to distorted pictures where this macro is applied to. All photos this macro is applied to receive the correct DPI setting but the pixel dimensions of the recording photo are applied as well. This is where the distortion happens.

Macro was recorded like this:

1. On loaded image select "Document" -> "Resize document" 
  2. Uncheck "Resample" option -> pixel values become disabled (800x600px)
  3. Change DPI -> in my case to "300"
  4. Click "Resize"
  5. Stop recording and save the macro

Applying this macro to a 72dpi photo with 1200x600px, the values become 300dpi with 800x600px. Looks like the unchecked "resample" setting is ignored on recording.
I also tried to record the "uncheck resample" as a single step but it didn't work either, as well as deleting meta data.

The 1 step macro is attached to this post.

I am running the following setup:

OSX 10.14.6 Mojave
Affinity Photo 1.7.2 (desktop trail)

Please have a look to this possible bug.
Or if the problem is in front of the computer, just let me know how to record this macro correctly ;-)

Best regards and thanks for building these awesome apps!
Tim

test.afmacros

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As a workaround, another forum member provided a macro that does work, in another topic. We're not sure how he recorded it, but perhaps it is one he did back in 1.6.

In any case, the macro works on 1.7 and (I believe) 1.8, so here it is in case some of you find it useful:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome, @TOS.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Just now, AutoKitty said:

@walt.farrell Thanks! I’ll have to check it out and see if I can edit it to 72, instead of 300.

I don't think you'll be able to. Sorry.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey,
we just reached version 1.8.2 and after half a year has passed this is still an issue!
The topic was pushed to "pre 1.8"... So this will not be worked on?

Could a mod please move the topic to the current bug category as it affects the current version as well?

26 minutes ago, TOS said:

The topic was pushed to "pre 1.8"... So this will not be worked on?

Could a mod please move the topic to the current bug category as it affects the current version as well?

They do not forget about bugs, once they are acknowledged/logged. They may sometimes take a very long time to resolve them. But it will be worked on, when Serif's manpower and the bug's priority permit.

-- Walt
PC: