You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"D" Key not working to reset fills.

I noticed that pressing the "D" key to reset the fill colours to black and white (like in Photoshop) was listed as an added feature in the latest update, however, it doesn't seem to work. When using the Brush Tool, or Flood Fill Tool, pressing "D" does nothing, when it should be changing the fill colours back instead. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

• Staff

Hey ChristiduToit,

It works for me on macOS but not Windows... However it looks like you're also using macOS so I'm not sure what has happened here.

If you go to Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Photo > Misc what does it say for 'Set Fill to Black and White? Is it blank?

@Chris B Thank you so much! I wasn't aware that I could create a custom shortcut for that. 

For what it's worth, there was no shortcut assigned to it by default on my side, I had to manually go to Preferences and set it up under the keyboard shortcuts section.
Not a big deal at all, as I didn't realise I could set it up myself, but I guess it would be nice if it were on by default.

• Staff

So it looks as though if you have previously customised any of the keyboard shortcuts, the upgrade to 1.7 will not automatically add this new shortcut for you. I assume that this is so we don't mess up any of your potential customisations.

I never customise my shortcuts unless I'm testing something and I often reset my app, which is why I had the shortcut.