Castle Al

How to import Master pages from another project?

Hello,

I refreshed a file and renamed it. In the new document, the positions and types of characters remained fine, but the pages frame changed and Master pages have all disappeared. 

How can I grab the Master pages of a document in order to use those within another?

I'm not sure what you mean by "refreshing" a file, but renaming a Publisher document should not have done anything to its Master Pages.

In any case, there is no facility to easily copy a Master Page from one document to another. You will need to:

1. Create a Master Page of the proper size in the new document.
  2. Select the Master Page in the old document.
  3. Open the Layers panel in the old document and copy the layers.
  4. Paste them onto the Master Page in the new document.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:
  • Open the Layers panel in the old document and copy the layers.
  • Paste them onto the Master Page in the new document

Yes, I was afraid someone would give me that answer... Will it be possible, later, to "import" all the Master Pages later, much like we import styles?

8 minutes ago, Castle Al said:

Will it be possible, later, to "import" all the Master Pages later, much like we import styles?

That's certainly a feature that has been requested. Only Serif would know if or when it might be delivered, and typically they don't comment on that.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

I also notice an interesting phenomenon: in usual files, pages get blank when changing Master on pages with text. Instead, on the one I saved-as, the Master change acts like a layer with the correct margins added over the other, and text remains active (not as some PDF or something).