You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Visual bug when developing a photo on Dual Monitor

RE4LLY

I came across a visual bug that happens every time I work with both of my monitors.
I have two views open, one floated on my second screen and one docked on my main screen, while I work in the Development Persona with a .nef file and everything is fine. But when I then develop the picture one view gets brighter than the other(see reference images) which must be a visual bug as the picture itself is not changing its properties. This sometimes happens on my second screen but also sometims on my main monitor and also happens sometimes when using the crop tool with dual monitors, but not as reliable.
The fix I found for this is to dock and re-float the bugged view or close and reopen the view if it was already docked.
I am using the newest Affinity Version 1.7.2.471 on Windows 10.

Reference Before:

Reference Before

Referece After:

Reference After

• Staff

Hey RE4LLY, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Are you working with 32-bit images? It looks like an issue with the display transform. I saw something similar concerning the macOS version and a reset of the app seemed to fix it. Can you please go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\ and rename the 1.0 folder to 1.1 and then relaunch Affinity and try the process again.

It might also be worth checking both monitors are using the same profile.