You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have loaded a psd file of a gel text in Affinity Photo Desktop 1.7.2.

I have saved the style and got a blank icon. There is not the usual gear with colour.

I have renamed it to recognise it again. So I see the name in styles, but there is no image. 

When I apply it, it works perfectly and do what I want.

Is there a way to manually load an icon on somewhere to rectify the problem?

The styles I previously saved as such, display an icon.

• Staff

Hi Johan Crous,
Thanks for the file and sorry the delay getting back to you. I'm glad you've sorted it already but I was unable to reproduce this here. Can you tell me which OS are you running (Windows or macOS)? I getting the icon rendered properly without changing anything in your file (on Mac at least). I'm now checking on Windows.

[EDIT] I've reproduced this here on Windows and will log it to be looked at.

• Staff

Hi @Johan Crous
If you go to Affinity Preferences, General section and tick Import PSD text as text rather than bitmap, the styles will import correctly (with the icon rendered properly) without the need to edit/change the styles. For some reason it fails to generate the icons when the text layers were rasterised on import. Note the text (font) will look different if you don't have the font installed - but you can easily find and download it if you do a search for JellyBelly font on Google.

I'm logging this to be looked at. Thanks for reporting it.