You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page background sometimes goes dark/invisible

GarryP

Windows 10 Home 1903, Publisher 1.7.2.471.

Every now and again, seemingly randomly to me, Publisher hangs for a few seconds and then page background goes ‘dark’ or invisible.
See attached image where you can see that the page background has ‘gone’, however, at the bottom of the image you can see where scrolling up a little has revealed part of the white page background.
It happened this time while I was trying to drag a text frame but I’ve seen it when modifying tables and quite a few other times. I have never seen this happen with previous versions of Publisher, even the betas.
I have only seen this behaviour on this document but this is the only document I have edited for any real length of time with this version of Publisher. The document was created using a production version of Publisher – I don’t know which one – and not a beta.
Double-clicking on a spread in the Pages panel takes everything back to normal but it’s a bit disconcerting.

page-background-disappears.png

I have the same issue from time to time. Also just in a document that is a little bigger (124mb).

Primary: Windows 10 Pro 1903 / Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz / 32 GB RAM/ GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
Secondary: os x mojave / imac 2017
A.Publisher 1.7.2.471
September 2019

I’ll try and remember to try zooming the next time it happens.
It’s difficult to reproduce.
A while ago I gave myself five minutes simply trying lots of different stuff – dragging layers quickly, stuffing layers inside others, dragging text from one table cell to another again and again quickly and randomly, selecting lots of different things in quick succession, basically trying to break things – and it didn’t happen. You’re just pootling along doing something perfectly normally and then... it hangs for a couple of seconds… (what have I done?)... and then page background goes away (or goes dark). Worrying but easily remedied.
P.S. My AFPUB file is less than 2MB on disk and the images used aren’t massive in either size or number.