Mickel

Export impossible ( version 1.7.2.411)

Urgent, dossier de presse , impossible de générer le document pdf 

une fois le document chargé, il est impossible d’accéder à la fonction export ou à n'importe quel fonction du menu fichier d'ailleurs

je suppose un bug généré par la fonction TDM que je n'ai pas su utilisé. 

URGENT s'il vous plait

Merci de votre de soutien, je dois rendre ce travail aujourd'hui 

dossier_de_presse_2019_v3.afpub

You have overflowing text in the text frames on page 2 and page 13.

If you expand those frames to enclose all their text, then File > Export seems to work.

[Edit: Export should have warned you about the overflowing text, and let you fix it or ignore it. I don't know why that didn't happen. It seems to "hang" completely if the overflow isn't fixed.]

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.523 Beta

Thank you very much, that's exactly what it is. The software hangs just for that. Thank you you save my work on this document!

You're welcome.

I hope that Serif will figure out the problem that caused Publisher to hang when it should have displayed the warning message.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.523 Beta

It seems to be specifically related to the TOC on page 2 containing unflown entries. If the text frame containing the TOC is opened fully, the error does not occur.

On the other hand, if TOC panel is opened, it can be seen that the TOC on page 2, when selected, does not actually acivate the TOC1. If TOC1 is selected from the list, and updated, program immediately crashes. It also crashes if "Update all TOC" is clicked.

The problem seems to be related to the TOC not actually finding any TOC entries based on the paragraph styles checked for scanning (all its entries have been created manually), and trying to place text "No table of contents entries found" in a text frame that is not big enough to fit it in. Once that text frame is fully opened, the text fits in, and updating the TOC no longer crashes the app.

One further note on this error:

Perhaps the error occurs because the update routine does not completely wipe out the contents of the existing TOC text frame but assumes the frame to only contain code-generated TOC entries? Shouldn't it do it, rather than leaving manually entered text in the frame, and appending the TOC entries found by code? (And do this first of all to avoid massive TOC blunders, considering a possibility that it is assumed that TOC update really updates the TOC while it might actually update only the true TOC entries that are left hidden in the TOC text frame following the manually entered text!)

Or, perhaps the feature could behave similarly as InDesign that asks whether an existing TOC (with the same name) should be replaced, and if this is allowed, the routine fully replaces the content of the existing TOC text frame so that whatever it contains, manually entered or as per code, will be deleted. If the user does not want to replace the TOC, the updated TOC content is loaded in the text cursor so that the user can place the contained text on a page or pasteboard in a new TOC text frame, and the old TOC loses its TOC status and becomes just a regular text frame.

We have made improvements to this area of the program in the latest Affinity Publisher beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 builds are in links at the top of these forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform