You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Affinity treat EXR alpha channels incorrectly? is this a bug?

Hi,

Few days back I read a tweet from troy_s (Troy James Sobotka), about "How to check any image editing software that treats the alpha channel from an EXR file correctly?"

I checked the file with affinity photo and got different results. Here is the tweet link. Click here

You can see how Krita and Fusion treating the alpha channel from the same exr file. And, I have opened the exr and enabled (associate openexr alpha channels - in preference > color). Please check the result in screenshot 2

And i have opened the image after disabling ("associate openexr alpha channels - in preference > color") I can't see the candle light with the background layer. I could see only the black background, instead of alpha enabled candle light and color background. - screenshot  1

And, I checked the file in krita and BMD Fustion. Those software's showed the candle light with alpha. Please check the screenshots - 3,4

I have attached that exr file here. I'm not sure whether its a bug. And, I'm sorry if my English is not good.

candle.exr

affinity-pref-exralpha-off.jpg

affinity-pref-exralpha-on.jpg

davinci-resolve-fusion-16.jpg

krita.jpg