Sign in to follow this  
tantographics

Denoise Filter Doesn't work

This is my 2nd post regarding the Denoise Filter following the update.  Basically it doesn't do anything.  I've attempted some drastic denoise actions and nothing happens to the image.  Also, the update changed the way Denoise operated.  There used to be a secondary slider where you could increase the percentage of the de-noise.  That slider is no longer there.  

I'd like to add that I liked the filter so much prior to the update that I created a Macro at various percentages to achieve the desired effect.  Now it's basically a dead button.  I now have to go to other photo editing software to get the denoise done.  

Please look into the Denoise filter and if possible return the old one in the next update.  

Thanks

3 hours ago, tantographics said:

Basically it doesn't do anything

As can be seen from the screen shots comparison below, it is removing a significant amount of the color noise here in Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 on Windows 10 Pro.

This particular comparison was made using Layer->New Live Filter layer->Noise->Denoise. 

376879719_AffinityDenoise.thumb.jpg.46554979f47c93860f8da487d3413c46.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the denoise filter in 1.7.2.471 on my pc (win10 home). No difference with the live-filter, the standard-version and the detail-denoise in the Develop-Persona, they all work as expected.

Same here: the noise reduction filter does not work at all anymore. Nothing happens no matter how I'm changing the parameters.

Edited by Tonkar

Thank you! I resetted Affinity Photo and now it works again - but honestly - I've never had issues like that before when I was using Photoshop! Strange.

What a disappointment - I used "the extreme" settings all the time (old photo negatives scanned) destructively and non destructively. 

I have reinstalled software and still denoise does not work (i9 iMac).

Back to Photoshop unfortunately .

10 hours ago, KevinPhoto said:

What a disappointment - I used "the extreme" settings all the time (old photo negatives scanned) destructively and non destructively. 

I have reinstalled software and still denoise does not work (i9 iMac).

Back to Photoshop unfortunately . 

Hello @KevinPhoto,
I can not fully understand the criticism, Affinity Photo is certainly not perfect and and there are still some Bug´s that need to be fixed.
But what works very well for me is the Denoise-Filter.

I am use a Windows system, I think on a Mac the same results should be achieved.

see example

Rauschen-2.thumb.PNG.973b62a853abaf83ec47112e662c8875.PNG

before

Rauschen-1.thumb.PNG.f4fe859e4002d497cb5f280de72c93bd.PNG

after

In the help file the new Denoise-Filter is well described.

Rauschen-3.thumb.PNG.1d45f61b9b8030dfce8fc7f3a3dd3c47.PNG

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.3.476 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.3.476:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)