MCFC_4Heatons

Designer SVG Import & Copy/Paste Into Figma

Hello,

Anyone got any experience of importing SVGs from Designer into Figma or using copy and paste from Designer to Figma?

I can import a mockup created in designer into Figma with drag and drop, the only problem I have encountered is I seem lose pattern (bitmap) fills. Anyone know if is possible to retain pattern fills wehn importinn the SVG into Figma?

In Designer preferences I have 'copy as SVG' selected but when I copy and paste from Designer to Figma everything is pasted as a bitmap.

Thanks

Hello - I just sent file - just  a simple rectangle with bitmap fill exported to SVG format from Affinity Designer. Try importing into Figma and you'll see the issue - Yers you can rasterize everthing but that defeats the object of being able to do any minir tweaks once a design is imported into Figma or if you are sharing with a clinet they will likely ask for a small tweak on the spot so retaining maximum editability is a must.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:55 PM, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Hello,

Anyone got any experience of importing SVGs from Designer into Figma or using copy and paste from Designer to Figma?

I can import a mockup created in designer into Figma with drag and drop, the only problem I have encountered is I seem lose pattern (bitmap) fills. Anyone know if is possible to retain pattern fills wehn importinn the SVG into Figma?

In Designer preferences I have 'copy as SVG' selected but when I copy and paste from Designer to Figma everything is pasted as a bitmap.

Thanks

Not sure if the issue you're referring to is similar to what I had but I was able to solve my issue by using the settings in this post linked below.

Any progress in this topic? Copying vectors from AD on mac and pasting to Figma is a very important feature in my workflow. Export/import works but its a big set back.

Posted (edited)

Ah. I just came across a similar problem.

Copying any shape design from Designer seems to copy it as a bitmap with a filled white background.

Copying to Illustrator and then copying from that to Figma seems to work, but defeats the object!

I was hoping the 'Copy items as SVG' was going to fix it. This is a bit of a bummer for my workflow too (Currently, trialling both Photo and Designer).

Edited by tnaseem