You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Following an AP tutorial I have created my own swatches. I use 5 colours palette that to my judgment correspond well to what i see in the original (template) image. If this is not a case, the 5 colour palette by AP is incorrect, I create a swatch again with a higher number of colors and make my selection to limit them to again 5. When color grading with 5 colours I add 5 colours from the swatch palette very carefully by ensuring that the Location value on color grading scale matches the Lightness (L) value of the color an indicated in a window for color picker.

When I copy the colour palette from the swatch and apply it to my own image the result is different as regards tonality. Some additional adjustments are needed to match my image with the template. However, it is almost never the same. Is it what correct? Using swatches for color grading does not guarantee that the image that is edited will match the template and there might be differences?

• Staff

Can you confirm if the steps you are taking are the same as the ones in this YouTube video that uses Affinity Photo to match the colour grading from one image to another. It may be the same video but I wanted to confirm first as we don't have a dedicated one ourselves and some adjustments are usually needed for each image to suit personal needs.