I want to export my results with grid or guide line. Are you under development or already having that functions? In detail, In Affinity designer, grid and guideline managers exist. Therefore, I want my illustration export png or other file with grid and guideline. So, this maximizes my client's understanding of the design configuration of my illustrations.

IMG_1476.JPG

18 hours ago, BAK UI-SEOK said:

I want to export my results with grid or guide line. Are you under development or already having that functions? In detail, In Affinity designer, grid and guideline managers exist. Therefore, I want my illustration export png or other file with grid and guideline. So, this maximizes my client's understanding of the design configuration of my illustrations.

IMG_1476.JPG

Hello @BAK UI-SEOK,

welcome to the forum.

The grid and the guides are design aides and not design elements. Thus they cannot be exported.

If you have to design something that includes these aides on export you have to find a way to do this on your own. I have two suggestions:

1. Create a grid on your own with vector lines, spacing and color according to the grid or a design that suits your project better.
  2. Create an empty document, setup the grid and rulers and make screenshot. Place this as an image in the background of your project.

Both ways will include the grid in the exported file.

You also can save either of the grid objects as assets for later use.

I personally do not think to make grids and rulers optionally exportable (or) printable. But it may be worth to make it a feature suggestion :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.502)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Although grids are backgrounds, bleeds are also, so why not make an option in More when exporting a work. Only if you want this you can activate otherwise unchecked. So, it could be useful.

1 minute ago, pruus said:

Although grids are backgrounds, bleeds are also, so why not make an option in More when exporting a work. Only if you want this you can activate otherwise unchecked. So, it could be useful.

Yes, that could be an option, and useful.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

4 minutes ago, BAK UI-SEOK said:

@pruus

What is “more”? Can you please to detail?

If you choose to EXPORT a file, down under in the shown window there is an option button which is called MORE. In this menu you can choose metafile and more.