You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom to spot under cursor?

Would it be possible to have a setting or (perhaps set it as standard) that when you zoom in and out using the Command + / Command - shortcuts to get the image to zoom in and out centred around the cursor on the screen?

When masking a large image and needing to zoom in and out a lot to look at what you're doing it would be nice to be able to zoom back in again to the spot you need to work on quickly. As you'll already have your pen / mouse pointer in this position then it would be really easy to get back to where you want again without having to first zoom to the level you want and then scroll around the document to the position you want.

Many thanks if you consider this.

Best wishes,

Mark

Actually looking into this I notice that using the Apple Mighty Mouse I can scroll zoom and it zooms to the spot under the mouse cursor but unfortunately I'm using a pen tablet which doesn't have any zoom support in that way (not sure even if it did that it would work correctly?) so not really wanting to keep taking my hand away from the keyboard when zooming in / out. I keep one hand on the keyboard and the other I'm using the pen as it's a very quick working method.

Many thanks,

Mark

Have you considered using the Zoom Tool? Clicking will zoom in around a point, Ctrl+Alt+Clicking will zoom out. Or you can drag, or use a Marquee selection, to control the zoom.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Have you considered using the Zoom Tool? Clicking will zoom in around a point, Ctrl+Alt+Clicking will zoom out. Or you can drag, or use a Marquee selection, to control the zoom.

Hi Walt,

Good catch. I could do (however unless there's a way to speed up the zoom?) but just prefer zooming using the Command + keys as it just feels faster to me.

Will give that a go though definitely.

Best wishes,

Mark