You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anyone else having performance issues in 1.7.2.471?

• Staff

Hi wscrcom,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the document that is really slow when copying and pasting please? Could you also give us some information on your Computer specs as well please? Also did this same document have better performance in 1.7.1 or 1.7.0?

Hi, I have the same issues with performance on the latest version of Affinity on Windows 10. The blue circle starts spinning everytime I want to do a transformation, deselect an object, zoom in, etc...... And the program stops respoding and I have to wait with each small input from my side. And my file is not even huge. 

Yes it sucks. 

My computer specs are i7 - 8700 K CPU 3.70 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, NVidia 1080 GTX Ti 
Here is my file if it helps. Please resolve this issue, because Affinity is my main program for paid production work. 

THX

PowerpointDesign.zip

2 hours ago, robert.sarudy said:

Hi, I have the same issues with performance on the latest version of Affinity on Windows 10. The blue circle starts spinning everytime I want to do a transformation, deselect an object, zoom in, etc...... And the program stops respoding and I have to wait with each small input from my side. And my file is not even huge. 

Yes it sucks. 

My computer specs are i7 - 8700 K CPU 3.70 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, NVidia 1080 GTX Ti 
Here is my file if it helps. Please resolve this issue, because Affinity is my main program for paid production work. 

THX

PowerpointDesign.zip

I opened your file in the latest Affinity Publisher: everything works like a charm. No edits caused the sequences that you described. Though my comp is less powerful than yours.

19 minutes ago, aleale1 said:

Thanks I wasn't aware of this during my panic mode.

8 minutes ago, aleale1 said:

I opened your file in the latest Affinity Publisher: everything works like a charm. No edits caused the sequences that you described. Though my comp is less powerful than yours.

I use Affinity Designer - this is where the troubles were caused. Not in Publisher. 

6 minutes ago, robert.sarudy said:

I use Affinity Designer - this is where the troubles were caused. Not in Publisher. 

It does not matter. Both programs have the same core. I just opened your file in the Designer: to the same effect. Nothing wrong with the performance.

10 hours ago, aleale1 said:

It does not matter. Both programs have the same core. I just opened your file in the Designer: to the same effect. Nothing wrong with the performance.

Here I have recorded the issue on my screen. Maybe it is some problem on my end. I don´t know. You can see it specifically at the end of the recording that once I deselect the object I have to wait. Or if I try to do some transform, scaling, moving, etc....

11 minutes ago, robert.sarudy said:

Also another recording with context menus, I used different program for screen recording so that you can see my clicks

I tested your file once again right now and nothing wrong happened. If I were you I would either reset preferences or reinstall the app (same last build). But keep in mind that with the first option (resetting preferences) you’ll lose all your personal settings. Or wait for a moderator to respond to you.

Just now, aleale1 said:

I tested your file once again right now and nothing wrong happened. If I were you I would either reset preferences or reinstall the app (same last build). But keep in mind that with the first option (resetting preferences) you’ll lose all your personal settings. Or wait for a moderator to respond to you.

I have reverted back to previous version of Affinity Designer, and works smooth. I will keep using that and wait a little bit with updating to the newest version. Thanks for all advice :14_relaxed:

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. Windows7, CPU AMD-fx 8350, 16GB RAM. AD version 1.7.2.471. Unfortunately, I can't go back to older versions that worked like a dream, because I already have a lot of 1.7 works. I can't open them in older AD versions. There should be an option to save in older format. Something like Corel Draw has.