You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global Document Setup Changes - Global Page Size change

I've searched and can't seem to find this. 

When I first went in and did a "new" document, I set the inside margin at 0.375. But now I want 0.75. I manually changed all the existing masters. But when I click NEW MASTER, it retains what I said for my "new" settings and still defaults to the 0.375 margin. I want to change this globally so it now defaults to my new desires.

I had this happen last week when I decided to move from an 8.25 to 8.5 page size and couldn't do a global page size change. I had to do each manually. VERY frustrating.

How can I change the default global settings in an existing document to change everything globally?

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi Copper Star Media :)

17 hours ago, Copper Star Media said:

I want to change this globally so it now defaults to my new desires.

If you need to make changes that affect the ongoing document, not just the pages already created then you need to check the following option in 'Spread Setup' for both your already created spreads, and your master spreads, as these are affected by different settings. If you change all current spreads margins, but not your Master margins, all new spreads will use the Master margins - which are now incorrect. I hope this helps!

image.png

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

On 8/31/2019 at 9:22 AM, Dan C said:

Hi Copper Star Media :)

If you need to make changes that affect the ongoing document, not just the pages already created then you need to check the following option in 'Spread Setup' for both your already created spreads, and your master spreads, as these are affected by different settings. If you change all current spreads margins, but not your Master margins, all new spreads will use the Master margins - which are now incorrect. I hope this helps!

image.png

I just tried this again today and it worked! Only one problem...when I went in to change up the page sizes on a set of masters, selected ALL spreads, it also renames EVERY master page to whatever page I happen to have selected at the moment. UGH. Is that supposed to happen? Thanks

• Staff

I'm glad to hear that's worked for you!

18 hours ago, Copper Star Media said:

Only one problem...when I went in to change up the page sizes on a set of masters, selected ALL spreads, it also renames EVERY master page to whatever page I happen to have selected at the moment. UGH. Is that supposed to happen?

Short answer, no, that's not supposed to happen. This is a logged bug with our developers and we're working to fix it ASAP. Apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)