You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an Affinity Publisher workbook?

No Publisher workbook yet. One is planned but no eta for its release.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, Jarbo said:

Ja, Das Buch und viele andere habe ich schon mal Online gesehen. De deutsche Versionen scheinen mir aber zu trocken und dünn im Vergleich mit die offizielle Affinity Workbooks. Danke!

Die Workbooks sind -wie deren Name schon sagt- eher Arbeitsbücher und nicht unbedingt Schnellübersichten/Nachschlagewerte. Soll heißen, der zu erlernende Stoff wird exemplarisch dargestellt.

Ferner, APub steckt noch ziemlich in den Anfängen und einige essentielle Dinge und Funktionen (Fussnoten, Endnoten, Abbildungsverzeichnisse, Glossare, Buchprojekt-Gliederungen ... etc.) fehlen in der Anwendung noch. Daher werden die meisten aktuellen Bücher wahrscheinlich eher wie Einführungen gehalten sein und iterativ -wie die Anwendung selber- von Zeit zu Zeit wachsen.

Ein etwas umfangreicheres deutschsprachiges Buch scheint dieses hier zu sein ...

... wobei ich nicht sagen kann, ob in dessen Inhalt dann vielleicht auch beschrieben wird wie man die oben genannten fehlenden Dinge, dann am effizientesten manuell umsetzen kann. Das wäre z.B. etwas das ich aktuell in einem Fachbuch u.a. erwarten würde.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Bernid said:

I think when it first launched there was one.

There hasn't been an Affinity Publisher workbook as of yet. I prefer workbooks to read offline as well as go through. Something a lot more satisfying having a tactile new workbook, with that new book smell...... ooooohhhh that new book smell - If they bottled that as an aftershave I'd buy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news about a forthcoming workbook about Affinity Publisher?  Or any other handbook about the software?  The absence of any tutorial except a few cursory overviews is really annoying.

German users have two books available to them, and I'm happy for them, but what about English?

I just added Affinity Publisher to my cart (to join the installations of Designer and Photo that I already own) and was trying to add a workbook for Publisher to my cart as well (to join the Designer and Photo workbooks that I already own) but now I discover that a Publisher Workbook is not yet available. I'm thinking that I'll hold off on the purchase of Publisher until the workbook has been released. Any word on how much longer this might be? Thanks!

• Staff

Hi @pjt & @Guth,

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

Unfortunately I can't provide specific dates yet - we hope to launch the Workbook for Affinity Publisher shortly, hopefully we'll have more news to follow.

My apologies I can't be more exact here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

There is now official news on the Publisher Workbook, which is available to pre-order and shipping from 7th December 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon