You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having fun with Photo

EdK

5 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

It is unusual in that I cannot see any difference between before and after. What should it show?

John

The image has a before-after slider. The after version has three additional images (in 3 of the 4 corners). Did you slide the before-after slider?

1 hour ago, EdK said:

made with one of AP's six image repair tools

Are we expected to guess which one? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Are we expected to guess which one? :/

The answer is a bit more involved that simply saying "It was done with the Clone Brush Tool". That's why I wrote in my blog post -

• "You can read details in a few days when the section is done, but in the meantime here’s an example."
  • I find it useful to post "teasers" for my blog readers. Helps keep interest & readership up. In the future, I'll avoid that here on the Affinity forums - no more teasers, just the finished story.

Sorry. :/

4 minutes ago, EdK said:

No need for apologies, Ed! I don’t mind teasers at all: it was a genuine question, not a complaint.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:
8 minutes ago, EdK said:

No need for apologies, Ed! I don’t mind teasers at all: it was a genuine question, not a complaint.

Thanks. What I wanted to avoid at this stage was explaining details and then further needing to introduce and explain things that go beyond the specific repair tool - like the use of the Sources Panel and its whats & wherefores in conjunction with the Clone Brush. Maybe in the future I'll say -

• Until the complete section is complete, it's left to the interested reader to figure out which of the six repair tools was used (hint, not Red Eye) and how - or just wait a few days. A prize if you come up with the answer before then.
  •  :)

2 minutes ago, EdK said:

A prize if you come up with the answer before then.

Again with the teasers !!!!!!

What's the prize?????

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Again with the teasers !!!!!!

What's the prize?????

After lots of thought:

• Coffee at my local Starbucks, or
  • A meal at McDonald's
  • Your choice. I'll send the winner the establishment's local addresses (in Lititz, PA, USA). When you go there, tell them Ed sent you. Offer expires after 7 days. :)

By the way, I liked your "Due to the fact that Boris....". Want to trade a Donald for a Boris?

On 8/30/2019 at 4:07 PM, EdK said:

The image has a before-after slider. The after version has three additional images (in 3 of the 4 corners). Did you slide the before-after slider?

I did slide the slider left and right, but I now discover I did not slide them far enough.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630