You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher | Dynamic content over multiple pages

Hey all, 

I wonder if there is a way to move content over different sites. I created a document with an overview about products. Each of this sections (groups) on the page contains text as well as two images. 

When a new product has to be added it should be on position 1. This means I ideally like to move all other products over all pages one step down and insert the new one on top of the document. Of course the movement has to be precise so that the relative positions of the products over all pages stays the same. 

A screenshot is attached, which hopefully helps to make clear what my goal is. 

Is there a way to realize it without the need to move each and every of the sections manually? 

Thanks!

publisher_screen1.png

• Staff

Hi hape13 :)

I believe this would be possible in your document by using Linked text frames and images inline with your text. I'd like to test/demonstrate this with your file. Would you mind uploading it to the following link for me? Many thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/PeU9PbflfC0B7h1UKn2G

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan, 

thanks so much for your reply, your idea and your offer. I really appreciate it! Unfortunately I just started a one way business trip yesterday. I am not sure if and when I have the time to follow up with your idea or offer. 

I just wanted to let you know in between. I'll definitely will come back to this topic at least the week after the next. 

Thanks again!

Cheers, 

HaPe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan, 

I just uploaded a ZIP file with 4 versions. The initial version is from August, 30th with no changes. All other versions I used inspired by your idea. But I couldn't get it to work. In some cases the picture frame moves to the text bloc above where it doesn't belong to. Also in some cases it doesn't keep the format which is pretty time consuming to correct. But maybe related to my lack of knowledge. 

Thanks again so much for your help!

• Staff

Thanks for your files, I created a new master and laid this out similar to your existing design and made sure all the text frames were linked.

I then applied the master to Page 2 & 3 and manually copied over the text/images from your design into the master frames, then pinned each Picture Frame to the title, and each Youtube logo to the end of the paragraph.

You should now find that text flows from the first frame to the last on Page 3 - if you want them to continue flowing you'll need to apply Master B to further pages and copy all the content manually.

I hope this helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khisfkuf69ryhzh/EASY SOUNDS MONTAGE Soundlibraries EN_Master.afpub?dl=0

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!