You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial for Publisher?

Is there no trial version for Publisher? I want to try all three moducles (Photo, Designer, and Publisher) as a suite, which is how they are publicized. Photo and Designer have trial versions listed in the "Buy" panel on the website, but Publisher does not? How do I get trials of all three?

Yankeese

2 hours ago, Yankeese said:

Steven, many thanks. Got it. For some reason, they haven't put the link up in the store.

It's the same place for Publisher that it is for each of the other desktop Affinity applications, at the bottom of the page. Just go to https://affinity.store, click on Publisher, and scroll to the bottom, and there it is.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I tried your way, and indeed it showed up. But I had been using the "Buy Now" button, which is more obvious to the user. And in the other two programs, the free trial showed up. In Publisher, it did not. This should be fixed. I'm uploading a PDF of the various screen shots. In Publisher, when I click on "Buy Now," I get the basket with the price inserted. You'll see on the screen shot. 

Aff_Trials2.pdf

7 hours ago, Yankeese said:

I tried your way, and indeed it showed up. But I had been using the "Buy Now" button, which is more obvious to the user. And in the other two programs, the free trial showed up. In Publisher, it did not.

I’ve added a yellow box to highlight what I see on page 4 of your PDF file:

BD3AF372-B420-4EBE-AB76-389257DE78EC.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I guess I didn't make myself clear. That was the page I got by following Walt Farrell's link. If you go into the main pages that list the programs, and click on "Buy Now," you will find lilnks for the free trial to Designer and Photo, but no such link for Publisher. The "Buy Now" link in Publisher brings up what you see on page 3 of the PDF>

Edited by Yankeese
Correction

Interesting. Yes, the Buy Now button for Publisher does work differently. Arguably, though, since the user has made the decision to buy by clicking on a button that says "Buy Now", I might say that the button for Publisher is working properly and the buttons for Designer and Photo are broken :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Fair enough, although in my experience most websites selling software usually have a "Free Trial" link after the user has clicked on "Buy Now." In any case, thanks to you, I got the link directly, since I didn't think to scroll down to the bottom. However, whichever system they use, it should be consistent.

In any event, this issue is moot. I have all three trials downloaded and am about to install them. I see lots of features I like (especially the Find and Replace multiple options, also the branching History), neither of which exists in any other programs I've tried, and that includes Quark. I look forward to trying the programs out.