You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Batch Job... CRASH 1.7.2 MAC OS (10.14.6)

When I select New Batch Job... from the file menu, the software, crashes and closes..

some info from the crash report:

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [3474]

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Staff

@MEB did you replicate this and report it to the developers?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi deadringer, User Name,
Sorry the delay getting back to you, somehow i lose track of this thread, my apologies. I've passed the crash report to the dev team to see if they can get any info from it.
Out of curiosity, now 1.8 is released (since 27th Feb) are you still using the previous version (1.7.3)? Is there any critical issue preventing you from upgrading to the most recent one?

If you have now updated to 1.8.3, is this crash still a problem for anyone in this thread?

Thanks.

@User Name,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind attaching your crash report as well. Just to check if the reports/configs are similar. Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 12:55 PM, MEB said:

@deadringer

Are you still experiencing this crash? What's you interface language? Are you using a localisation other than English?

Hi Thanks for checking back.  I tried the slection just now, and the dialogue box appears! Progress... Just in time, cause I really need to start using this, on a number of sequenced png files.  I'll report back here if I have any further difficulties.

Update: YES, the function of batch processing works... thanks again for checking in.