You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi crabdens :)

Which platform are you trying to install on, Windows or Mac please? Was the app purchased directly from the Affinity Store, or from another source? (ie the Mac App Store)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Sign in to the MAS using the same Apple ID as you used for the original purchase. When you go to the ‘Purchased’ tab you should find a link to install the app.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, crabdens said:

I do not find a purchased tab as such, but if I click on my logo at the bottom of the page i get a page listing my purchases, but no link to install and if I click on the affinity tab I just get more details of it but no purchase tab

Are you using the Mac App Store application (accessible from the Apple menu > App Store... menu item)?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

Have you tried going to your Downloads folder? There might still be the disc image from the original download in there 

When Affinity Photo is installed via the Mac App Store ("MAS") application, it is downloaded & installed directly into the root level Applications folder, not into the Downloads folder, the same as for any other app bought through the MAS.

I think @crabdens is trying to download it from the Affinity Store website. If it was bought from the MAS, it won't show up on that website among the purchases because it was not bought from that store.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

52 minutes ago, R C-R said:

When Affinity Photo is installed via the Mac App Store ("MAS") application, it is downloaded & installed directly into the root level Applications folder, not into the Downloads folder, the same as for any other app bought through the MAS.

I think @crabdens is trying to download it from the Affinity Store website. If it was bought from the MAS, it won't show up on that website among the purchases because it was not bought from that store.

You're quite right.... I got mine direct from Affinity as it had a few freebies with it that didn't apply to it if buying from the App Store!

As somebody has pointed out, if the OP signs in with the same account, it should be in "purchases" and if no longer on the Mac, should have a little download / cloud symbol next to it.... that should re-download it, shouldn't it?

33 minutes ago, Geoff777 said:

I got mine direct from Affinity as it had a few freebies with it that didn't apply to it if buying from the App Store!

You could have obtained the freebies via the ‘Welcome’ screen in the MAS version. They would still have come from the Affinity Store, but you would have been guided through the steps to create an account so that you could download them.

Alfred spacer.png

13 minutes ago, crabdens said:

it is in the purchased folder with a cloud and an arrow under it but clicking on that either left or right click does nothing

Please post a screenshot (after obscuring any personal information, of course).

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshot, this shows that Affinity Photo is purchased and awaiting download. If you're unable to download this currently, please sign out of the Mac App Store, restart your Mac, then sign back into the store and try downloading from here once more - simply left clicking on the 'cloud' download icon should begin installation - I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!