You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New From Clipboard Bug

When working in a 300dpi document (or any resolution document for that matter), if I copy any object and go to File - New From Clipboard, the newly created document is at 96dpi.
Surely this should also be at 300dpi, or mimic the resolution from the document is was copied from? Just putting this out there. 

17 hours ago, ChristiduToit said:

When working in a 300dpi document (or any resolution document for that matter), if I copy any object and go to File - New From Clipboard, the newly created document is at 96dpi.
Surely this should also be at 300dpi, or mimic the resolution from the document is was copied from? Just putting this out there. 

I can confirm this behavior. It also irritates me every time.

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

I don't know for sure but isn't this actually down to the OS, as in the clipboard rather than Affinity software. If you do the same using something like GraphicConverter a 300dpi image (or any resolution image) appears at 96dpi when using 'New from Clipboard'...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Just now, Hangman said:

I don't know for sure but isn't this actually down to the OS, as in the clipboard rather than Affinity software. If you do the same using something like GraphicConverter a 300dpi image (or any resolution image) appears at 96dpi when using 'New from Clipboard'...

That's quite interesting - never really thought about it being something outside of the app, but it makes total sense now that you mention it. I suppose if the pixel dimensions remain the same then the DPI resolution doesn't really matter anyway, but it would be nice if it matched the document that it was copied from - hopefully there's a way around how the OS clipboard interprets the copied content.