Jump to content
Bulaka

Simple Poster Design (.afpub)

Recommended Posts

Nice colours, clean design, gets the job done. Good work.

When posting templates it’s usually a good idea to list the fonts used with links to where people can get them legally for free.
Otherwise font substitution could break the design. E.g. My system substituted Arial for the Futura variants you used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the resources section (not the "share your work" forum).

You are making many posts to promote your business, but I think you need to be much clearer on what terms you are providing the content that you are posting here

Have you posted the .afpub file for anyone to use (freely / commercially)?

What is the source of the image and what are the usage license terms?


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, GarryP said:

list the fonts used with links to where people can get them legally for free.

 

On 8/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, Bulaka said:

Its Futura STD

FuturaStd-Bold.zip

Futura is a commercial font, so you can’t legally distribute it for free!


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

This is the resources section (not the "share your work" forum).

You are making many posts to promote your business, but I think you need to be much clearer on what terms you are providing the content that you are posting here

Have you posted the .afpub file for anyone to use (freely / commercially)?

What is the source of the image and what are the usage license terms?

All the designs I do images are license-free if you want a screen of when I am starting a template until I finish leave your email I will be more than happy to share with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bulaka said:

All the designs I do images are license-free

Unless you mean that only the images are free, how do you explain the thread linked below? :/

Company Profile $15


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Unless you mean that only the images are free, how do you explain the thread linked below? :/

Company Profile $15

Thats my shopify site. I pay $9 a month to have online. I designed that company in Affinity publisher see attached screenshot of my pc.

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bulaka said:

I designed that company [profile] in Affinity publisher

In which case, as Patrick Connor suggested, this thread belongs in the ‘Share Your Work’ forum rather than the ‘Resources’ forum.

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

This is the resources section (not the "share your work" forum).

You are making many posts to promote your business, but I think you need to be much clearer on what terms you are providing the content that you are posting here

Have you posted the .afpub file for anyone to use (freely / commercially)?

What is the source of the image and what are the usage license terms?

 


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bulaka said:
2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Have you posted the .afpub file for anyone to use (freely / commercially)?

All the designs I do images are license-free if you want a screen of when I am starting a template until I finish leave your email I will be more than happy to share with you.

I think you have answered most of my questions, except this one

Is the file "Event Poster.afpub" posted here as a free sample for free use?

 


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I think you have answered most of my questions, except this one

Is the file "Event Poster.afpub" posted here as a free sample for free use?

 

Yes it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Futura is a commercial font, so you can’t legally distribute it for free!

There are many sites distributing that font (or at least something with that name) for free: https://www.google.com/search?q=futura+std+font+download


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

There are many sites distributing that font (or at least something with that name) for free: https://www.google.com/search?q=futura+std+font+download

Yes. And I can even find commercial fonts released in the past week I can download freely. But it's still stealing.

With the advent of FontSquirrel, Google fonts and others, one should use actually free fonts in templates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 9:42 AM, MikeW said:

Yes. And I can even find commercial fonts released in the past week I can download freely. But it's still stealing.

With the advent of FontSquirrel, Google fonts and others, one should use actually free fonts in templates.

It’s time for my Topic to shine again.

Best regards!


You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.