You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slice Tool no creating a slice

When using the slice tool in Photo to export an .svg (for print)  the slice export appears to export normally, however, when that slice is then opened in Affinity Designer, the slice shows but the rest of the document from whence the slice came from is sitting in the clipboard area. Not really a slice, is it.  When I move the image around, I see other objects from the original file displayed on the page.  A similar thing happens when I import the slice into Affinity Publisher.  This has worked before and only seems to have started (not creating proper slices) since the update to 1.7.2 recently.

Attached are two files,  the original slice created with Photo - Hoola Hoop Guy.svg and a screen shot of Designer showing the slice and the clipboard - slice.png.

Hoola Hoop Guy.svg

slice.png

I think I have found the answer to this...

The document in the illustration being slices was a jpeg.  The original document I used to obtain slices (before the upgrade to 1.7.2) was an .eps.  Each object on the .eps had been drawn as an individual component and was therefore easy to export as slices.

A jpeg could just be cropped to achieve a similar result.

Sorry for the bum steer.