You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchased, but can not run the program

I have downloaded the program. When I click on it to open it, I get a blank white box. My computer is only 3 years old. It meets the requirements listed on the website. Anyone else have this happen? I can not even get to the screen to enter my product code or anything. I double click the affinity icon and a white box appears, but it can't get past that. 

• Staff

Hi Valerie123,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm very sorry to hear this, it usually indicates the application is not being allowed access to connect to a network, do you have any third party antivirus or network monitoring software that may be causing this?

2 hours ago, IanSG said:

it would help to know which of the Affinity programs you've bought, where you bought it, and which platform you're trying to run it on

Just for clarification I've checked our admin panel and I can see this customers purchased Designer from the Affinity Store for Windows :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Could you please try disabling bitdefender temporarily, then launch the application? It may be allowing the app to run, but blocking certain network traffic required to activate the app!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

53 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Could you please try disabling bitdefender temporarily, then launch the application? It may be allowing the app to run, but blocking certain network traffic required to activate the app!

That did not work. I am still getting the blank white box. For science, I installed the program on my daughters computer. We both have bitdefender. I was able to install it on her device. This is so frustrating!

Has Serif ever thought about the idea to offer a service for Remote Desktop access (e.g. with Team Viewer or similar) in these tricky cases? Working with PCs can be frustrating sometimes, on one machine it is working, but not on the other machine. A helped, satisfied customer could be a returning customer. ;)

But as always a matter of personnel, time and costs.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Thank you for trying that, it's likely to be one of the following:

Are you running Duet display?

Your graphics card drivers may be out of date, can you please make sure the latest drivers are installed through Device Manager, then restart the PC and try launching the software again.

38 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Has Serif ever thought about the idea to offer a service for Remote Desktop access (e.g. with Team Viewer or similar) in these tricky cases?

We do offer this as a absolute last resort - after exhausting all possible options that a customer can safely follow we may offer a remote desktop solution, but we certainly don't advertise this due to the time and resources it can use. 

Please note -

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

We do offer this as a absolute last resort - after exhausting all possible options that a customer can safely follow we may offer a remote desktop solution, but we certainly don't advertise this due to the time and resources it can use.

This is very customer friendly, that you offer this solution. Thumbsup! Just a thought: How much time did you spend answering here for the third time? And maybe a fourth if you answer me. There a several things you can buy in the store, but no "premium" support?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
Just now, Joachim_L said:

There a several things you can buy in the store, but no "premium" support?

With Serifs old legacy range we used to offer a higher/quicker level of support to customers willing to pay extra, however we moved away from this when we converted to the Affinity range and we don't plan on implementing anything like this again in the future.

Please note -

Many thanks!

36 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thank you for trying that, it's likely to be one of the following:

Are you running Duet display?

Your graphics card drivers may be out of date, can you please make sure the latest drivers are installed through Device Manager, then restart the PC and try launching the software again.

Still getting the white box. 

Capture.JPG

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't helped.

Apologies, I could have been clearer here - Duet Display is a third party app that is known to cause issues with our application. Could you please check the following list and confirm if you have any of these apps installed?

Please note -

Many thanks!

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't helped.

Apologies, I could have been clearer here - Duet Display is a third party app that is known to cause issues with our application. Could you please check the following list and confirm if you have any of these apps installed?

I do not have any of the mentioned.

Have you tried shutting down the Laptop, disconnecting the large monitor, then reinstalling just using the Laptop screen?

Also what version of Windows do you have?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just now, carl123 said:

Have you tried shutting down the Laptop, disconnecting the large monitor, then reinstalling just using the Laptop screen?

Also what version of Windows do you have?

Yes, I tried that when I first installed it. Windows 10 home version 1903

It looks as though your download of the installer is faulty. Please refer to the post below:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

31 minutes ago, Alfred said:

It looks as though your download of the installer is faulty. Please refer to the post below:

I found this advice before and it was okay. I have uninstalled and installed many times.

Edited by Valerie123

28 minutes ago, Valerie123 said:

I found this advice before and it was okay. I have uninstalled and installed many times.

In that case, Valerie, I wonder if it’s a permissions problem. Is ‘valer’ an administrator account? Whether it is or not, do you get a different result if you right-click the installer file and choose ‘Run as administrator’?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)