You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona cause Designer to crash

• Staff

Hi wangkanai,

This is a known issue that happens when the Slices Panel is visible in the Export Persona when you enter with a document containing Artboards. A downgrade should have worked for you - did you uninstall 1.7.2 before trying to install 1.7.1?

Scratch that - I just tried your file in 1.7.1 and that also freezes when selecting the Slices Panel.

This has just happened to me too in Designer 1.7.2.471 on Windows 10 Home 1903.

I managed to get into the Export Persona by creating a new temporary document without an artboard, creating a random layer, switching to the Export Persona and then selecting the Layers panel. Once I had done that I could close the temporary document and open the original and switch to Export Persona okay. However, thereafter selecting the Slices panel causes a similar hang.
Removing the artboard from the original Document, saving it under a new name, and using the method described above causes Designer to crash (not hang) when switching to the Export Persona.
Opening the same two documents in Photo produces the same hang.

Re-creating the same document without an artboard seems to be fine.

16 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi wangkanai,

This is a known issue that happens when the Slices Panel is visible in the Export Persona when you enter with a document containing Artboards. A downgrade should have worked for you - did you uninstall 1.7.2 before trying to install 1.7.1?

Scratch that - I just tried your file in 1.7.1 and that also freezes when selecting the Slices Panel.

Looks like files created/save with 1.7.2 will have this problem even I downgrade too. In the end, I downgraded the whole suite (designer/photo/publisher) to 1.7.1 and need to recreate the file.

hope you fix this bug by 1.7.3

• Staff
On 9/1/2019 at 3:25 AM, Rainakacb1 said:

"Not responding" error message

Since updating to the latest version of both Affinity Designer and Photo, whenever I click on a tool I get the “Not responding” error message. How can this be fixed?

Are you selecting a tool in the Export Persona? This issue is specific to the hang when entering the Export Persona.

For those looking for solution options, here's my temporary workaround for uncomplicated files.

Problem: Switching to Export persona hangs/crashes indefinitely. And any files saved as v1.7.2 will have this problem.

System: Win 10 Home, Dell XPS, 

1. Uninstall Designer v1.7.2

2. Install Designer v1.7.1.404

3. Create a copy of the file that was saved as v1.7.2, then open the copy.

4. Create a new blank file in v1.7.1, save and overwrite the orignal.

5. Switch to the copy and select artboards, then copy/paste them over to the new file.

6. Save the new file. (update any file settings to match the original)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 2:27 AM, Sean P said:

Hi wangkanai,

Ah, so that's why.

But it also happens when you are in the Export Persona and then you select the Slices Panel.

Best regards!