You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reset to empty - Live Procedural Texture

• Staff

Hi angier :)

Please follow the below video to restore the Master Presets, I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Apologies, this was simply a screen recording that I have uploaded to our forums - please try the following link :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w9mmewvizy0qta/2019-08-28 17-16-40.mp4?dl=0

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming, unfortunately it appears there aren't any presets for CMYK or LAB - however the filter should still work as expected if you manually enter the parameters. Alternatively you could have an RGB document open alongside your CMYK document, then create the Live Layer and select your preset in the RGB document and simply copy and paste the adjustment layer to your CMYK document. 

I'll make sure this is logged with our development team, as the Master categories are visible, however they are all empty currently - my apologies for any inconveniences caused!

Please note -

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, Dan C said:

Alternatively you could have an RGB document open alongside your CMYK document, then create the Live Layer and select your preset in the RGB document and simply copy and paste the adjustment layer to your CMYK document. 

Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean but I can't get this to work. :(

For example, I copied the Basic Shapes > Checkered preset I had applied as a Live Filter layer to an RGB document, & then pasted it into this CMYK test bars.afphoto document. No matter where I place or nest it in the Layers panel, it has no effect unless I convert the CMYK document to RGB.

That is more or less what I expected since that live filter layer works on RGBA channels, but my document uses CMYK channels.

Something else: I noticed that when I use the regular (non-live) Procedural Texture filter on a CMYK document, its equations are applicable to the CMYKA channels, like for this simple CMY 'rotate' filter I created:

1657464143_CMYRotate.jpg.83427f4bfdaff69c2f5a7a621b83ff42.jpg

I expected the same for the live version of the filter, but not only does it offer only RGBA channels, if I save my CMY 'rotate' filter as a preset (so it does show up in Manage Presets if I filter the presets to just CMYK ones), & then attempt to apply it as a live filter, it shows up in the dropdown preset list & is selectable, but it is not applied if I select it -- the equations section remains empty.

120274744_applyCMYrotpreset.jpg.fe830e30d06e88b59522129141265040.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

No matter where I palce or net it in the Layers panel, it has no effect unless I convert the CMYK document to RGB.

That is more or less what I expected since that live filter layer works on RGBA channels, but my document uses CMYK channels.

My apologies, I had not considered the preset channels would not be converted when copy and pasting the adjustment - you're correct in saying this won't work. 

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

it shows up in the dropdown preset list & is selectable, but it is not applied if I select it -- the equations section remains empty.

Thanks for that, I'll continue investigating and report all of this in the same dev log, as something certainly isn't correct here! 

Please note -

Many thanks!

10 minutes ago, Dan C said:

My apologies, I had not considered the preset channels would not be converted when copy and pasting the adjustment - you're correct in saying this won't work. 

As long as we are on the subject, can you tell me how to create an 'alpha' preset, one that would show up in the Preset manager if I applied the Alpha filter?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
55 minutes ago, R C-R said:

can you tell me how to create an 'alpha' preset, one that would show up in the Preset manager if I applied the Alpha filter?

I don't believe this to be possible, as the filters are based on the documents colour format when the filter was created - and as you can't have an 'alpha' document - I don't see how you can have an 'alpha' preset. I've escalated this to our QA team, as the Live Procedural Textures filter needs further testing and investigation so we can work towards setting things right.

Please note -

Many thanks!