You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Extension Crash

MatsF

Affinity 1.7.2

Mac OS 10.14.6

MacBook Air 2018.

I really like to use the affinity extension within Photos as it provide useful tools and a very simple workflow. However every time I use the Affinity develop extension it crash when closing. This happens every time I try and always with the same error message "Unable to edit with Affinity Develop, unexpected error occurred".

What can I do to get this resolved?

MatsF

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 12.40.33.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all I'm still getting the "unable to edit with "Affinity Develop" message. Using Olympus Raw file opened in Affinity develop extension via Apple photos.

Am I making a hash of it or is there still a problem? I dearly want to migrate all my editing to Affinity using Apple Photo to liberate myself from PS£LR!

Cheers, Chrisp.

• Staff

Hi AndyA, Chrispy,
Neither the Edit With command not the Edit in Affinity Photo extension save the changes back to Apple Photos in macOS Catalina. The extension still works on Mojave (for mosts users). Both issues are known/logged to be looked at. I have no eta for a fix, sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried it yesterday and as far as I tried it worked. I worked with the following extensions from photos, Develop, retouch and edit in Affinity. I could open, work, save and close. It transfered back to photos and I could save there.  I have not tried the other extensions as yet.

I do have problems with opening (raw) photos directly from Affinity from the Photos library. I get a message that library is being loaded. Then I get a very short flash of thumbnails, which disappears. After which nothing occurs.