You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher closes when I copy all layers

• Staff

I'm not getting a crash here copying all layers, I've tried selecting an object, CTRL+A and CTRL+C, and selecting all layers including hidden ones via the layers tab and copying and had no crash, does this happen every time for you?

I'm missing some of the images, so it might be worth embedding the few images that are linked and re attaching

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 5 months later...

Sorry if I revive an old thread but I've been having the same problem with a few files since at least September 2019.
The issue occurs with the same files at least on two different machines (a desktop and a laptop).
If anyone can look into it, I can provide a few example files to try and replicate the issue. Please, let me know the best way to send them.

Thank you for any help you can provide

*EDIT
If it can be of any help, I experienced the same issue in Affinity Designer too (just right now) and I'm pretty sure it has happened also in Affinity Photo.
Exact same behavior: I copy all layers (or just some of them) and the program crashes immediately.

Edited by Peach1200

On 8/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, bmv2011 said:

Hi there,

I think this must be a bug. When I copy all layers from a publisher document the program immediately closes without warning. This has happened multiple times.

Gate Banner for September 2.afpub

I've tried the file you shared and I can confirm my installation of Publisher crashes immediately as soon as I select and copy all layers

Edited by Peach1200

• 1 month later...

I updated Publisher to the latest version on Windows (1.8.0.584) and the crash still occurs when copying all layers.
The issue is still present in both Affinity and Designer (and it's very, very annoying).
If you need more details, feel free to ask.

• 4 months later...