You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP 1.7.2] Bug? Guides move on crop rotate

Hi folks,
I believe this wasn't happenning in previous version so I have to ask - why are guidelines moving when I'm crop-rotating an image?

Please, see the attached screencast depicting the issue.

Is it a bug or a feature again? In the later case, please explain why and how should I continue working when I need to "lock" the guides to their position.

Thanks for your response.

bug-guides-moving-on-crop-rotate.gif

• Staff

Hi CLC :)

I've gone back to version 1.6.5 and I'm seeing the same behaviour, however I'm not certain it's correct.

3 hours ago, CLC said:

In the later case, please explain why and how should I continue working when I need to "lock" the guides to their position

It appears as though the guide visually moves whilst your rotating, however after applying the crop the guides return to their original location, so it shouldn't affect your guides physical position, be them locked or not.

I'll log this with our developers now and provide any relevant updates here!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

5 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi CLC :)

I've gone back to version 1.6.5 and I'm seeing the same behaviour, however I'm not certain it's correct. 

It appears as though the guide visually moves whilst your rotating, however after applying the crop the guides return to their original location, so it shouldn't affect your guides physical position, be them locked or not. 

I'll log this with our developers now and provide any relevant updates here!

Thanks for the reply, @Dan C

Well, it affects my work very much since I use the guides as what they are (guides) since the mesh crop tool provides isn't getting even close to the lines I am attempting to straighten the pics to while cropping.

Also, I am pretty sure than in 1.7.1 and 1.6.5 it wasn't behaving this way (I'm doing the same task over and over for past year or so, seeing this the first time since I updated to 1.7.2).

Well, I hope it's gonna get logged and fixed soon since this should not happen.

Thanks again, take care.

• Staff

No problem at all :)

Just now, CLC said:

Well, I hope it's gonna get logged and fixed soon since this should not happen.

I've just tested this on the Mac version and the guides don't follow the rotation when in the crop tool - so it certainly appears as though this is a Windows specific bug, thanks for your report!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all :)

I've just tested this on the Mac version and the guides don't follow the rotation when in the crop tool - so it certainly appears as though this is a Windows specific bug, thanks for your report!

Oh, that must be it, I did this work on my Mac in most cases - that's why I'm pretty sure 1.6.5 and 1.7.1 wasn't behaving this way. However I'm on a Windows 10 PC atm.

Good you spotted that.

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...
  • Staff

Thanks for letting me know CLC and I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the development log and unfortunately this hasn't yet been marked as fixed. I'll bump the log for you now, hopefully there will be an update on this shortly.

Please note -

Many thanks!