You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text loses colour after converting to curves

The title is only half true, of course the curves have a colour, but it is not so obvious.

1. Write some black text (black should be defined in the Swatches panel), irrelevant if Artistic Text or Frame Text. Have Panel Swatches with fill visible.

2. Convert the text to curves.

Result: The curves seem to have no fill colour anymore, as the selection of black vanishes from the Swatches panel.

3. Ungroup the curves.

Result: Black is selected back again in the Swatches panel.

I do know, that it could not be displayed in the Swatches panel, when there are different colours in the text, but if there is only one? In the end perhaps not a real bug, but sometimes I have a big questionmark on my face while working with Publisher. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

The curves have a fill but the group that they are contained in after being converted does not.

This isn't really something unique to Publisher. Thinking about it, it kind of makes sense, as if the text contained different colours you wouldn't want the group to have a colour since it would override the individual colours

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

In the end you are right of course. When I first experienced this, it felt a bit wrong. So you can safely discard this topic now. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed