You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Default area setting on pdf export

Please, please, please: let Publisher remember the last used Area setting in the export dialogue. The default is set to "All spreads", but I _never_ use that. I want "All pages". I do not know how many times I have to re-export my file because that setting is stuck on spreads by default, independently of all other export settings that are remembered very nicely. This is _so_ annoying... :37_disappointed:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Still there in 1.10.5. As the software seems to remember pretty much every other setting, should this be classed as a bug spanning multiple versions?

I also had a rummage around in the publisher folder, just in case I could come up with a config hack, but found nothing.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Catshill said:

Unless I've missed something V2 still does not remember (or allow you to set a preset) the File settings Area

Disappointingly, you still have to remember to change to change it from "All Spreads" to "All Pages" which is what commercial printers require.

Grrr. 

Yes, noticed that too 😩. One could think that this a very low hanging fruit that should be programmatically very easy to fix, but still not fixed in version 2.0. Maybe Serif will one day explain this incomprehensible choice.