Wosven

Bug: files opened in Beta should keep their name

Hi,

Each time I open an older file or one made with the stable release, instead of showing its name, the file is unamed and I need to go back to the original file to copy its name.

I'd rather have "_Beta" append to the name or something else (since the apps keep the last folder path, and don't use the current file path, if I open a file by double-click, it's not always possible to overwrite the original file with a simple ctrl+S shortcut).

That doesn't happen for me. Though there's no good reason to be using the beta right now (the stable release is at a higher level, .471 vs .464) when I use the beta it opens files just fine and they have the proper names.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I didn't update the apps on my main PC, and the last versions can't import brushes and have other bugs like with the group of adjustement layers in AP… I'll update with next release if they are corrected.

But the regular/older files alert that they are converted and loose their names. I don't mind at home, but at work I loose precious seconds searching and renaming them :S

OK, I see it if I open an old enough file that it was created with 1.6. I get the prompt that I'm opening a release-level file, and offered the choices of quitting, continuing, or making a copy.

It would make sense for "make a copy" to give me an untitled file, but "continue" should keep the same file name, and it doesn't.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta