You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher interpreting colons incorrectly in placed PDF

stutes

As you might have noticed, I had removed my original post the following morning, since I was sure you wouldn’t understand my motives or the reasons I have given. I don’t believe what you did in this thread was helping troubleshoot a problem in Affinity Publisher. But rest assured, I won’t take up this point anymore in the future.

I don't know what the original post said, as it was edited away several days ago. But for what it is worth, I appreciate the reminders about font licenses. For example, when you install San Fransisco Pro downloaded from Apple, you get this message in part of a much longer license (all caps and bold in original):

IMPORTANT NOTE:  THE APPLE SAN FRANCISCO FONT IS TO BE USED SOLELY FOR CREATING MOCK-UPS OF USER INTERFACES TO BE USED IN SOFTWARE PRODUCTS RUNNING ON APPLE’S iOS, iPadOS, macOS OR tvOS OPERATING SYSTEMS, AS APPLICABLE.

I do try to be conscientious to "do things by the books," but as we are so accustomed to seeing long documents of legalese with everything we do in the digital world, I, like most people I assume, have become accustomed to skipping right past it. So I wouldn't know about these issues had others like A_B_C not brought them up. Now that I know, I won't bother with this font on my system, since I have no need to use it for its intended purpose.

@A_B_C Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I thought the "Font Police" post was just digging up bones.