You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Pass Through" blend mode doesn't work with Adjustment Layers

Hi,

I found this issue working with groups. When I put a few adjustment layers into a group, these stop doing the thing I want. They only affect the layer If all of them are in the same hierarchy. Even with Pass Through blend mode, wich is designed precisely for, well, pass through the group...

This is terrible for organise your layers. Please fix it U_U

• Staff

Hi Nekodificador,
This is working as intended (I know Photoshop does not behave the same way). In Affinity Photo adjustments honour the group scope so if you have a pixel layer(s) in the same group they will only affect those layers. If you remove the pixel layers from the group and leave just the adjustments then it will pass though.

23 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Nekodificador,
This is working as intended (I know Photoshop does not behave the same way). In Affinity Photo adjustments honour the group scope so if you have a pixel layer(s) in the same group they will only affect those layers. If you remove the pixel layers from the group and leave just the adjustments then it will pass though.

Uhm... I understand, buy if I remove the pixel layer from the group I can't clip those adjustments to it. What I want is use the groups to organize the adjustment layers while those layers are clipped into the pixel layer. It's like using the main group as a manual "smart object" that contains all the adjustments inside.

How can I do it this then?

• 2 years later...
On 8/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, Nekodificador said:

Yes, but that works if you only have a few adjustments. I work in big compositings wich can have maybe 20 o 30 layers inside each piece, so I need to organize with groups or "smart objects". I explain in this video. Imagine this case but with muuuuch more layers.

Is there still no solution to this? I've received marketing material in the form of PSD from a high end studio and there were these weird yellow spots on it. I knew this can't be intentional.

I've now figured out that it's because of that problem. Masked Groups of adjustment layers that don't passthrough.

I've tested opening it with photoshop and everything was fine. But I wanna make the file ready to use for my team and they don't have photoshop.

Did you find a solution @Nekodificador?

Thank you!

In that's how my layers look like atm...

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 21.18.05.png