You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when printing

Me too - working on a large 60 page book with loads of photos in it. Every time I try to print it out, just crashes. Have tried it on my iMacs a, 2019 27" and a 2017 21.5", also my MacBook air. Can work around by producing a PDF file, but would prefer to print out directly from the programme.

John

Same here as well. It's been happening since 1.7.2 update. As in my case, it crashes even if I don't press the last "Print" button for print confirmation. When I am on the Navigation page of the printer property, it crashes there as well. Need fix ASAP. 

Publisher 1.7.2 running on Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra), mid 2011 iMac printing to OKI 821

I have similar crashes when in print dialogue since updating software yesterday.

Simple text prints ok. Crash seems to be confined to documents or images (PDFs or TIFFs) have been placed in a document. Attached file <PG Print test 1.afpub> only has text with page numbers for printing on A3 booklet. This prints ok. File <PG Print test 2.afpub> has two PDFs imported and crashes while making selections in the print dialogue box. Files which had previously printed ok with an earlier version Publisher now cause a crash.

This is a serious issue, so would be grateful if it can be fixed quickly.

PG Print test 1.afpub

PG Print test 2.afpub

Edited by PatrickG
Correcting terminology. Adding clarification

• Staff

Hi,

There is an issue in 1.7.2 where the program may crash when printing if the file contains an embedded document that has a different colourspace to the original document

For now if you want to print your file you can either:

• If you have the Affinity Store version of the product, downgrade to 1.7.1 here
  • Export to PDF and print from there (looks like you've sussed this one!)
  • Rasterise the embedded documents before printing
  • Ensure the colourspaces of the embedded and original document match

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for the help on this.

Tried some options. In reverse order:

• Matching the colourspaces worked.
  • Tried rasterising - poorer print quality.
  • Exporting to PDF is a bit of a pain and you lose the print control Publisher gives you.
  • I note, in another thread on this subject - 'Crash when trying to print document' - Ken Roland states: 'Downgrading only works with the Affinity Store version, the MAS [Mac App Store] version doesn't need a PK [?] and it won't be possible to downgrade from it'. 

Looking forward to the promised bug fix.

• 1 year later...

I just bought Affinity Photo. I loved it until it started crashing when I click "Print." This is not going to work for me. A good bit of my business depends on me printing. It's a waste of time to keep downloading and uploading in a different program.