Joachim_L

Sharing between all Affinity applications

Stupid title I know. Since Designer / Photo / Publisher are tightly integrated working together, I would love to see an even tighter integration / collaboration. How about sharing and I do not mean importing all kinds of things:

a) Shortcuts: Shortcuts for the Personas do not inherit the definitions from their "parents". But this will be changed, I learned recently.

b) FontSets: Normally I am using just 4-6 fonts for all types of layouts I am working on. So for me I do not need the tons of fonts from the fonts list. Maybe starting / working with Affinity would be much faster, if a limited font list would be used. Or perhaps as part of creating a new document to assign this limited FontSet.

c) ColourSets: A fixed list of colours I can assign creating a new document.

d) Assets / Symbols: To be used everywhere. Example: When I switch in a Publisher document to the Designer Persona I only get the Assets of Publisher and not the assets of Designer. Same for Symbols. Maybe I want to use Symbols not only in Designer (Persona).

e) TextStyleSet: Selecting a TextStyleSet when creating a document.

f) PreferenceSet: For example colour preferences or hardware preferences or or. Right now the preferences have to be all set individually.

So now beat me up. Maybe some wishes are already fulfilled, maybe some wishes are crap.

59 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

b) FontSets: Normally I am using just 4-6 fonts for all types of layouts I am working on. So for me I do not need the tons of fonts from the fonts list. Maybe starting / working with Affinity would be much faster, if a limited font list would be used. Or perhaps as part of creating a new document to assign this limited FontSet.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

I think and hope Serif himself is aware, that the integration of applications from the Affinity Suite can go even further, and that the existing StudioLink is just the beginning.

I'll add Toolbar and Tools panel sharing.

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.3.481, Photo 1.7.3.481, Publisher 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

1 hour ago, Pšenda said:

I think and hope Serif himself is aware, that the integration of applications from the Affinity Suite can go even further, and that the existing StudioLink is just the beginning.

I'll add Toolbar and Tools panel sharing.

One of the Serif staff previously commented that they would like greater integration, but that there are issues related to

• the ability to purchase the applications in combinations from different stores, and
  • sandboxing of the applications in some situations depending on OS and the store(s) you purchased them from.

I'm sure it's something they're working on.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I would love to have the assets in the cloud to be shared by all products and all installments on different machines. Right now I'mworking on two machines and it is hard to keep track on which assets folder contains my latest additions. 

I want to add one more point to the list.

g) Shared dictionaries. I have all three applications installed on my PC and every application comes along with its own dictionary files. In total not much space, but on installation there are common folders created, why not use them? Apart from this, where are the learned words saved? Something which is also not shared. If I train Publisher to learn a certain word, this word is still unknown in Designer and Photo.