You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Hans van Erp and Welcome to the Forums,

Unless i'm mistaken that PDF only contains an image not actual text.  It sounds like the issue is with the conversation process more than Affinity Publisher.  How are you converting the PDF to docx

On 8/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, stokerg said:

Hi Hans van Erp and Welcome to the Forums,

Unless i'm mistaken that PDF only contains an image not actual text.  It sounds like the issue is with the conversation process more than Affinity Publisher.  How are you converting the PDF to docx

Conversion with Adobe export. New file hereby.

Informatieboekje De Treffers 2019.docx

It would help to have your .afpub file, Hans. And the actual PDF, not a scan.

But my guess is that ligatures are involved. And if so, when you Export the PDF from Publisher it might help if you click the More... button, then scroll down to "Embed Fonts" and make sure that the "Subset Fonts" option is not checked.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 minutes ago, Hans van Erp said:

Copying-pasting? page after page?  sorry, I don't agree with that.

It will be somewhat easier than you think, because some of the pages have linked text frames, and you can copy a complete set of such frames (a "story") with one operation. Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C should copy all the text from that linked set of frames.

However, there are still many pages that would have to be done one at a time.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks for the additional files.

I don't think it matters for your problem, but your .afpub file has overflowing text on pages 20, 26, and 33. You might want to fix that so you don't lose information on the export.

-- Walt
PC:

35 minutes ago, Hans van Erp said:

Copying-pasting? page after page?  sorry, I don't agree with that.

If it's a book, the text should be linked, you can specify some headers only begin at the top of the next page. Did you tried pasting in Word? When I try in Libre Office, there's a problem and each paragraph begin on a new line.

I don't know why, when I tried with my own document, the 250 pages were nearly perfect but the drops caps that needed adjusting.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for the additional files.

I don't think it matters for your problem, but your .afpub file has overflowing text on pages 20, 26, and 33. You might want to fix that so you don't lose information on the export.

I got the message that there was overflowing text. But could not see on which pages

H

1 hour ago, Hans van Erp said:

I got the message that there was overflowing text. But could not see on which pages

H

If you have View > Show Text Flow enabled then you will see red dots on the text frames that have overflowed. To see them all easily, you can scroll out so that many pages are visible in the window at the same time.

-- Walt
PC: