You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transferring purchase from iPad to PC

Hello,

Convinced by some YouTube video channel, I went and bought an iPad Pro then bought Affinity Designer for iPad. After a little while, I realized an iPad wasn't for me and sold it, to get a PC instead.

Now I'm trying to log in as a customer on the site in vain, you don't know me it seems. I want to buy AD for PC, but I would like transfer my purchased amount from the iPad now.

Could you do that? Thanks.

@BenjiGameDev

Each operating system, Mac, Windows or iPad, has its own separate licencing system so transfer of licences between any of them is not possible.

Where did you purchase your iPad licence?  I think that if it was direct from Serif and you have owned it for less than 14(?) days you can request a refund and have that money transferred to become part of the cost of a full Windows licence, which is more expensive than your iPad on.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

15 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

Where did you purchase your iPad licence?

Unlike the Mac and Windows apps, the iPad apps are only available through the App Store.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Right, I got it from the App Store. Separate licenses or not, I'm paying for a service from the same company, while upgrading too. So is this thread going to be answered by Serif? No offense to you guys helping, and thank you for that, but my transaction is with them. I just dug deep down the site to find the affinityorders@serif.com email. I'll try that.