You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I think it relates to the embedded t-shirt image, if you remove it the flag and lettering show. Also if you rasterise the T-Shirt it will Print

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 11 months later...

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue with Designer crashing every time I try to print.  I have rasterised everything in the document but it is still not working.  Can you suggest what else I can try?  I am relatively new to Designer am and just getting used to the menus/terminology/functionality so any detail you can give would be gratefully received!  Thank you!   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can crash Designer 1.9.0.932 reliable when trying to print a fille that has a bunch of svgs embedded. (I think they are embedded.) Hillariously it only crashes the artboard where the embeds are increased in size by the factor 1.2 (but all embedded svgs were first scaled down - even the ones that print, so ???)

I am on win10.

zantora_starterfleet_a4.afdesign

1 hour ago, Clayton King said:

I have the exact problem with this file. No clue what could be causing it. With the file open, nothing selected, viewing all artboard, pressing CTRL-P (or choosing Print from the File menu) immediately closes Designer.

Tree_color.afdesign 190.23 kB · 1 download

Tried to print it and jup just closes the file instantly. 

So, i fiddled around with my file for a bit:
- Deleted everything on the board - crash on ctrl -p
- Changed the name iof the board . crash on ctrl -p
- Deleted the board and copied the working artboard  - crash on ctrl -p
- Created a new artboard with the artboard tool - crash on ctrl-p
- created a new document and can print the first artboard. created another artboard - crash on ctrl-p
- created a new document and can print the first artboard. created two more artboards. tried to print the third artboard - crash on ctrl-p

so far even in a completly new document or any document at all. I can only print the first artboard. Could it be that its related to my system?

48 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

Windows EMF (metafiles)

How can i find out if I put an EMF in my artboard?

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I have a similar problem -  Every time I try to print with Affinity Designer 2, Publisher 2 or Photo 2 it crashes. (Version 2.0.3)

I use a MacBook Pro with M2 chip.

The error occured the first time when I tried to print some Artboards of a Project with 10 (or so) different Artboards. I was able to print the first 2 Artboards. Since then it crashes as well if I try to Print a new empty file. 

As soon I press command+P there is no response and I can see in the ressource-monitor that the program-storage increases immensly. After a while there comes a system-pop-up which sais that there is not enough system ressources available (Affinity uses more than 45GB). The File has about 35 MB. My hard-drive has enough available space (> 350 GB).

I tried to: 
- restart Computer
- unistall and reinstall Designer
- unistall, deleting the user settings folder, reinstall all Affinity products
- uninstall all affinity products and reinstall them with the AppStore
- uninstall all affinity products, update system to the newest version, reinstall all products

but nothing helped. 

Does anyone has an Idea how I could print my files again? 

Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-15 um 15.37.24.png

Ohne Titel.afdesign

Edited by R a y
Added Version number