You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling a row of objects some objects locked

462119046_AffinityConstraintsquestion.thumb.png.2c810934868de92e44c9f63b0a770e9e.png

How do I stretch the (blue) sections between the objects (noteheads) proportionally, at the same time keeping the the barline+“barline-to-notehead-distance”+note (section coloured with orange) kinda locked together, with nothing changing between/among them?

Basically, I want to stretch what is between the left and right guides in a way that all the objects remain unchanged, but only blue sections stretch proportionally.

In constraints I turn off objects’ responses to stretching. This is done.
But what is the way after?

I wonder whether your notes are text (font) or objects, and, if objects, whether one note is one object or, e.g. 2x 1/16 is 1 object only.

In case of text you can use the option "Tracking" in character panel to influence the distance between glyphs:  1332410749_charpaneltracking.jpg.2f02f8a1e04d0156162903f451535149.jpg

In case of objects you can define the distance between objects (and/or groups as 1/16) with a non-automatic "Space Horizontally" setting in the Alignment panel:

1105600118_alignmentpaneldistribute1.jpg.6d6ac68ef0907572a206193b4aec1f64.jpg

329749726_alignmentpaneldistribute2.jpg.577c86693dae533d8e6028e7d51b341b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thank you for the reply, Thomaso. Space horisontally can be an option, when the sections to stretch are the same. But now I understand, that I should’ve uploaded a more complicated example, with different sections to stretch. Here is another example. Again, blue sections is what has to be stretched proportionally. Yellow sections are the sections of objects. And the orange sections shall stay unstretched. It’s like as if the blue sections were glued with their ends to the neighbouring sections:

image.thumb.png.5ba80a7e215cba861f1331c12d9c623d.png

And returning to Space horizontally option, in this case the notes are objects, I have the button “space horizontally”, but I couldn’t find the Alignment panel.

Edited by terentyev