You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why theres no search in iPad Projects?

I assume you are referring to Affinity Home screen with 80+ projects? Keep in mind if this is the case, those files reside only in sandbox (risky).  Better to save copies out and then load those to work on. This way you get an afphoto or afdesign file that you can copy/move.

You can set up nested folders on cloud or iPad and access them from Affinity’s Open from Cloud screen to store these af files. Makes it easier to locate the file you want.

If saving on iPad I recommend Documents by Readdle for setting up nested folders. Pixave is another app useful for cataloging Photo projects.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Hi DM1

Your suggestion is more of a workaround than a solution which i am aware of and using, although i believe it still lacks in some aspects, such as indicator that shows if the file been modified, synced or opened from a folder (which saving it will save time in that previous location) or cloud sync indicator, but it does not apply to my current situation which many of these files contain materials i need to use/copy/reference. In my opinion a search functionality, no matter how advance (best case, could also access the metadata of the projects) is necessary. 

I agree with you Affiniy developpers work well on Picture improvement but they don't understand that we need to find picture before. On Affinity for iPad  you cannot easily find a picture. If you use Photos you can order picture in Albums and you can order Albums in  Files. But Affinity don't show Files. It shows Albums but without order. Pixelmator is very easy to use because it keeps Photos organisation with Files and Albums in good order.

Afffinity Photo is a photo  'editor', it doesn’t do digital asset management and was never meant to. Having said that the mods have previously stated that a digital asset management system is on the list of items to be developed. You could try Pixave for iPad which is a Digital Assets Management app and works well with Photo. It’s also free. iOS is very compartmentised with apps work areas 'sandboxed' from other apps for security purposes. You need to save your work outside of sandbox so you can search and or access it with other apps. That’s just the way iOS is.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

4 hours ago, DM1 said:

Afffinity Photo is a photo  'editor',

No one is disputing that

4 hours ago, DM1 said:

, it doesn’t do digital asset management and was never meant to

thats not what we are discussing here. Having a search function for a list of item does not make a software a DAM, only makes it more convenient to find what ur looking for, which affinity currently lacks. 

4 hours ago, DM1 said:

You could try Pixave for iPad which is a Digital Assets Management app and works well with Photo.

Your previously suggested files is a better workaround than involving another app, for my non-DAM use cases. The issue as i mentioned previously is, in the case im currently dealing with, which i don't think im the only one, for working exclusively on iPad, and getting professional work done, multiple file interconnection is required. This means you will have a multiple brochures, banners, decors, branding guidelines, advertising posters all at one place and you need to take recourses from each other and copy/paste it. Fixing this is not equivalent to DAM. 
Im not sure how they are aiming on building a DAM software, but im assuming thats more photo related than designer. Which also leaves certain lack a file management issues behind. I discussed more on the ipad file management on another post here.  

Https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/77386-ipad-file-management-experience/