You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Orange and Teal

Photographer professionals perfect a style and tutorials fly on YouTube “How To”.  I’m not for it or against it.  If, in your opinion, it improves your photos, go for it.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

I've done a whole set of tutorials on this on my InAffinity YouTube channel. Try the first one for 'what it's all about'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOnLUmyPHr2rayOHVHWsHVw/search?query=teal+and+orange

As Cecil says, it's a matter of taste. Use it deliberately and because it works in a given image, not just because everyone else is using it.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

PedroOfOz and dmstraker: Thanks for providing those links. I’d never heard of “Teal and Orange” until I saw this thread but the video and article are quite informative. Even basic things like how secondary colours are formed and what LUT stands for become clearer. Always good to learn something new.