You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

text boxes outside page area

It would be handy to be able to move (or make) a text box in the blank area outside the page space and then work with the content. I often do this in other DTP software (especially PagePlus, of cherished memory): it is very useful to be able to experiment with content off the page and then use this to replace/supplement what is on the page. In Affinity Publisher, if I make/move a text box on the blank area outside the page, the box outline shows but content is invisible; selecting the invisible content with ctrl-A shows a blanked text area but not the content itself. I have tried changing the background colour to white, but this makes no difference to text visibility (as I drag a textbox outside the page edge, the content progressively disappears). Can anyone tell me how to do this? Alternatively, can this facility be added in a later release?

Thanks. Bart.