You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have had two unusual experiences and wandered if anyone else has experienced it. Not sure if this should be here or in bugs. It is temporarily solved, as I am not sure if it will happen again. My computer is Windows 10 with the latest update a few days ago.

This morning in File explorer I found Designer files showing as publisher files. I took a snip of two of them. I restarted my computer to see if this solved the problem, but it didn't. I opened one of them in designer, then did Save As but it told me I already had this file and would I like to replace it. I cancelled. Next, I did save as again but added to the file name. When I returned to File Explorer the files all showed as Designer as they should have been. See snippets of two files taken this morning showing as I found them and later maybe 40 mins after the Save As changed them back.

image.png.1de8a079a8220500ea4cc4a243715e43.png

In the last few days, I also saw some of my publisher files (not sure if beta or not) become labelled as Designer, but they reverted again to correct without any intervention from me, so I ignored it.

Any ideas or similar experience?

Tonight it has happened again. This time I opened a file I created in Designer to convert it to a Publisher file. As soon as I saved it as a Publisher file, all my Designer files are now in orange for Publisher with the beta icon,  but still retain the .afdesign as per the 1st snippet above. The file I changed has the correct Publisher file icon (not beta). I didn't open a Beta file at all. My Beta is the expired version. 

What is happening?

Edited by Silver06
it happened again.

Hi Callum,

I tried out the advice, about changing the default apps. What solved the problem and reverted my af.design files back (instead of af.pub beta) was to reset the default apps to those recommended by Microsoft. Hopefully it is solved permanently.

Thank you.