Is it possible in Affinity Designer to change the colour of the box after changing to Textframe? That would be a nice function for me.

textframe.jpg

No, Designer does not offer that function. Perhaps in the future, but for now it requires the Text Frame studio panel, which is available only in Publisher.

I'm a bit surprised that Designer did not remove the fill when you converted the Rectangle to a Text Frame; it does for me using 1.7.2.471 on Windows (as it did in 1.6, but not (I believe) in 1.7.0 and 1.7.1).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Here Designer removes the fill when a shape is turned into a text frame. And there is no way of changing the background color.

To change the background color first duplicate the shape you intend to convert to a text frame and group them. The new text frame has a transparent background so you can change the color of the shape under it to whatever color you want. Or just move it over any other shape of any color.

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Thank you. We work on Mac OS X an we have a work around: open the document in Publisher, change the colour, save and then open in Affinity Designer again. So please don't remove the possibility to convert aa object to a text frame and keep the colour. But of course the possibility to edit text frames in Affinity Designer would be perfect.